Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Trying to escape . . .

the matrix. I'm so tired of living in the matrix and being afraid to leave that I'm at my witts end. I'm ready to leave the matrix, finally. I don't want my beautiful african children to grow up as I did, un-educated, un-knowing, and all turned around thinking right is left and that up is down. I no longer want a fancy car with all the modern day amenities, I don't want a big azz house that was built from the ground up to my specifications, I don't want to send my Loves to some "shee-shee" private school that hails the "waldorf, montessori" or whatever other so-called method that parents are suppose to swoon over. I don't even wish to return to working outside of my home and slave away making some big azz corporations more money than they'll ever be able to spend in 2 million life times. I'm ready to leave the matrix. Maybe my family should just pack up and go live in Africa for a few years, or some other less matrixish country. *sigh* What's a Queen to do?

- Lady Richardson

6 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, March 20, 2007, Blogger ShowURight said…

    Sounds like you've been unplugged- now you just have to figure out how to leave it for good. I completely and totally feel you on this one!

     
  • At 7:23 PM, March 20, 2007, Blogger Carmell said…

    gurl when are you due!!!! the hormones are working!

     
  • At 6:40 PM, March 21, 2007, Blogger The Brown Blogger said…

    Them ain't hormones, that's an itch...

    I know you know that I know what you know. I just wanna know if we're crossing paths once settled in the motherland.

     
  • At 9:10 PM, March 21, 2007, Blogger Shai said…

    I feel ya. I wished I had done things differently with my child. I am a very simple person so materialistic stuff has not been my focus. Peace and simplicity has been mine. I just wish I took more chances even when being different from the crowd meant being misunderstood.

     
  • At 11:59 AM, March 22, 2007, Blogger Stephen A. Bess said…

    This was nice. I like how you think.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, April 01, 2007, Blogger meera bowman-johnson said…

    This post blew me away...I feel you.

    Maybe it's finally time for a black exodus.The dollar goes really far in Ghana (and it's a stable country, too). The people are friendly, the lifestyle is 100 times simpler (until you want one of those modern convenience we spoiled Americans take for granted). The pinapples are the bomb. And the landscape is beyond breathtaking (that red clay...). My husband and I were there as students back in '94 and still dream of retiring there one day. The woman we stayed with was black American raising her three Ghanaian-American boys there. They were so impressive to me, the way they just enjoyed being children and weren't dependent on all of the crap little kids clammor for today.

    Here's post Mr. J wrote recently, trying to convince folks to migrate:
    http://www.niggerati.com/2006/12/great-migration.html#links

    Take it easy and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy (you sure look alot happier than I did at 5 mos.!)
    And by the way, love the redesign!:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home